The American Psychiatric Association describes PTSD as a psychiatric disorder that occurs in people who have experienced or witnessed a traumatic event such as a natural disaster, a serious accident, war/combat, or rape or who have been threatened with death, sexual violence or serious injury. People with PTSD have intense, disturbing thoughts and feelings related to their experience that last long after the traumatic event has ended.
PTSD has been known by many names in the past, such as “shell shock” during the years of World War I and “combat fatigue” after World War II, but PTSD does not just happen to combat veterans. It can occur in all people, of any ethnicity, nationality or culture, and at any age. In fact, women are twice as likely to have PTSD than men. PTSD is believed to affect approximately 3.5 percent of U.S. adults every year, and an estimated one in 11 people will be diagnosed with it in their lifetime. That's nearly 10 percent of all people!
A diagnosis of PTSD requires exposure to an upsetting traumatic event. However, the exposure could be indirect rather than first hand. For example, PTSD could occur in an individual learning about the violent death of a close family or friend.
We are here to offer hope for people suffering from PTSD. Human and animal studies now suggest that CBD may offer therapeutic benefits for disorders related to inappropriate responses to traumatic memories. We find that CBD Oil can help "quiet the noise" of anxiety and lead you to a better life.
"The effects of CBD on the different stages of aversive memory processing make CBD a candidate pharmacological adjunct to psychological therapies for PTSD. CBD also shows an action profile with fewer side effects than the pharmacological therapy currently used to treat this type of disorder."
Much remains to be discovered about the effects of CBD on neurological disorders. But Green Valley Nutrition is already taking steps in this direction by providing quality-assured CBD Oil for the treatment of patients with trauma and stress-related disorders. Ask your doctor how CBD Oil can help you, and be sure to reach out to us about our Military Veterans and First Responder Discounts.
- Front. Neurosci., 24 July 2018 | https://doi.org/10.3389/fnins.2018.00502
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, (DSM-5) American Psychiatric Publishing, 2013
- Bichitra Nanda Patra and Siddharth Sarkar. Adjustment Disorder: Current Diagnostic Status. Indian J Psychol Med. 2013 Jan-Mar; 35(1): 4–9.
- National Library of Medicine: MedlinePlus. Adjustment Disorder.
- American Psychiatric Association. 2013. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth edition. (DSM-5)
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Facts for Families: Attachment Disorders.